4 Pillars That Support Your Life
What Are The 4 Pillars in Your Life?
Most of us understand the concept of a Pillar, as that part of a building that holds it strong, no matter what the world throws at it. Pillars bear the weight of the structure and must always stand on a strong foundation to be successful. Your Life and The Four Pillars that support it, are just the same as those on a powerful building. They bear the weight of your hopes, dreams, desires, plans, thoughts and actions. I am certain that you already know that the buildings that weather the roughest storms are those with the strongest foundations, and yet at the same time have the flexibility to survive.
That flexibility is one of the most important factors in longevity and success – for both buildings and for your life.
The Four Pillars can be labelled and understood as:
- the Physical (Biology)
- the Mental (Psychology)
- the Connections (Social) and
- the Meaning (Spiritual)
What is Your Life Looking Like Right Now?
Ask yourself, and have a think about the following questions:
- Are you in control of your life, or is life in control of you?
- What habits do you want to develop and write on your pillars?
- What experiences do you want to feel in building your life?
Let’s take a closer look at what a fantastic building you can construct for your life. The building that is based on your goals/ aspirations/ dreams – the most important things that you want to achieve!
- Are you weathering the storms in your life?
- Do you cope with change, maybe even chaos at times?
“Are you squeezing life, or is life squeezing you?”
The Coaching Institute
Lets Think About The 4 Pillars
Just as in building and construction, life has it’s pillars and these are the 4 Pillars – that can really help kick start you on a path to a strong, powerful and flexible life – filled with all the things you count as precious.
Each Pillar has it’s own area of strength, flexibility and connection. Each supports your life (your perfect building of success) in specific ways. The following questions will help you discover your strengths and the areas you may need help in developing. Try to be honest with yourself. Speak to someone close to see if they agree. Be truthful and gentle with yourself.
Pillar 1 – BIOLOGY
Now this is NOT like Biology classes at school, I promise.
This first Pillar is all about your biology – about your foundation, your strength and your flexibility. We will all have strengths and weaknesses but the great news is, we always have a way to improve and grow in ways that will support us.
Here are a few questions for you to consider.
- How strong/toned/flexible & healthy is your body?
- How healthy is your diet? Remember your gut is your second brain.
- Do you want a life without ‘Brain Fog’? What is the secret?
- Food is one of the most important interventions.
- What about exercise? How often are you going to work out?
- Sleep? Are you allowing your brain & body to recover each day?
- Are you turning your Wi-Fi off when not in use?
“All disease begins in the gut”
Over 2,500 years ago - Hippocrates
Pillar 2 - PSYCHOLOGY
This is all about you, the kind of person you are.
How you approaching, how you respond to things, what you say to yourself - about yourself. What you believe to be true.
- What personality type are you?
- What makes you do, what you do?
- How do you think?
- Don’t believe everything your brain says!
- Are you going to continue to self-sabotage?
- What is your self-talk about?
- Are you going to self-doubt yourself?
Do You Believe that....
You are Worthy?
You are Loveable?
You are Enough?
Pillar 3 - SOCIAL
Our social selves can be very active. Sometimes we spend so much time with our social focus on all things outside of ourselves, that we accidentally neglect ourselves.
Think about the following questions and see where they take you.
- How well do you communicate?
- Are you going to take time out for yourself?
- Are you going to take time out for your family & loved ones?
- Is your life going to have adventure in it?
- Who are you going to surround yourself with – people that support and challenge you or people that use and abuse you?
What is your imagination creating for each pillar in your life? Be curious and always remember to ask yourself, why are you creating, what you are creating?
“You become like the people you spend your time with”
Pillar 4 - SPIRITUAL
- Why are you on this planet?
- What is your deep sense of meaning and purpose?
- Are you looking after your ‘Soul’?
- How do you want to be remembered in life?
- What contribution are you going to give to the world?
To be really well,
to feel successful,
to live life to the full...
you must look after the whole,
not just some parts (some pillars) of your life!
Just like a building takes many resources, time, skill and support to create and maintain, so resetting our lives, creating new dreams and goals, and taking the time to fix those things that are holding us back, also takes skill, resources and time.
No great building was instantly created by one person – even erecting a tent takes more than one person! We must work together, get the right advice, seek the counsel of those who have gone before and of those who have the knowledge to guide us.
Are you going to Pay It Forward to create a life with health rather than disease?
- Learn how to let past hurts go, ‘Feel to Heal’.
- Learn how to let go of limiting beliefs, that are holding you back
You can’t change what you refuse to confront.
I would love to know what you are creating - working closely with others can help you make great leaps forward in your life, in all the four pillars of your life.
Coaching can be a real catalyst, an eye opener or a confirmation that you are on the right track. I love listening and assisting people to uncover the things they need to be or to do to create what it is that lies deep inside.
Click here for a free, introductory coaching session.
Please feel free to share this post. If you know someone who would like to read it, let them know about it.
I'd love to have you connect with me on one of my social profiles - see the links at the bottom of the page.